Canada Day Activities
Ideas of things to do on the 1st of July
It is no coincidence that Canada Day is celebrated during one of the warmest months of the year. Whether you spend the day in the sun or participating in your favorite Canadian event, you must plan the perfect activity for this holiday. We have come up with a list of unique indoor and outdoor activities geared to celebrating our heritage and summer.
- Go to the beach. Use the holiday as an excuse to bake in the sun, enjoy the warm weather and cool water.
- Go to the park, fly a kite or walk your dog. Most Canadians spend this holiday outdoors so you will be able to take advantage of the summer heat and maybe make a new friend.
- Have your family and friends over for an old fashioned barbecue. Sip on Labatt Blue beer and appreciate what it means to be Canadian.
- Go to your towns local parade. Show your pride by dressing up in all red and white, you will get extra points from your friends if face paint is involved.
- Go to a carnival. Eat fried dough, snack on cotton candy, drink beer, go on all of your favorite rides and play all the games.
- Look up local concerts in your area. Many cities and towns hold festivals where bands will play music at outdoor venues.
- Lounge by the pool and read a good book. Maybe have a nice cold ice cream and enjoy the weather.
- Go for a ride in a hot air balloon. This fun activity lets you admire our beautiful country from thousands of feet in the air.
- Go to your local brewery. Canadians love beer, so there is no better way to celebrate our birthday than to take a tour of your favorite brewery. Many of these tours are free and come with samples.
- Go camping. Take a couple days off of work and enjoy everything that the Canadian wilderness has to offer.
- And of course, don't forget about the 1st of July Fireworks!